Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that caught my attention was "Asking Anubis" (Asking Anubis). It was the title that initially struck me as I am fascinated by ancient Egyptian culture. After investigating this storybook, I found it very easy to read. The author wrote in a style of a talk show, so it was very engaging and felt natural to things we experience today. This is something I may consider for my storybook project as it was a creative way to convey information in a more easily digestible and entertaining way. I also enjoyed the layout of this storybook, it was very clean and easy to navigate.

The second storybook that I enjoyed was "The Real Housewives of Greek Mythology" (RHWOGM). I am a sucker for reality TV shows, especially about wealthy people with lots of drama. I watch all versions of Real Housewives (Orange County is the best) so this storybook had me excited to read it. This author also utilized a very creative writing style as they told the story in the form of a script of a show. This was another fun way to engage with information and stories that may have otherwise been a little dry or difficult to get through. This layout was also very clean, nothing was distracting from the stories. This author also mixed a lot of different stories into one. This is something I might do in my own as it provides the reader with ample information from different sources but also shows the connection between them.

The last storybook was that of "Aladdin's Adventures" (A Whole New World). I am your typical Disney lover. I crush Disney trivia and I could spend all day watching my favorite movies and throwback shows (thank you Disney Plus for bringing Kim Possible back into my life). This was my favorite layout of the three as the home page has quick links to each different section of the storybook. While the tabs at the top are easy to use, this quick link is a helpful tool as it directly guides you to a specific section of interest. This storybook was written in a style that more closely resembles something I think I would be capable of writing. While the other two styles were very interesting, I think they may be a little too creative for my talents.

(Photo of Gorilla Pondering at Calgary Zoo 
by Calgary Reviews 2013. Source Flickr)


Comments

Popular Posts