Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: ___Ovid's Metamorphoses___

Week 4: ___Aesop's Fables___

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: ___Ancient Egyptian Myths And Stories___

Week 6: ___Twenty-Two Goblins___

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: ___Tibetan Folk Tales___

Week 9: ___Nigerian Folk Stories___

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: __Alaskan Legends___

Week 11: __Great Plains___

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: ___Ballads of Robin Hood___

Week 13: __Nursery Rhymes___

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: __Dante's Inferno___

Week 15: __Grimm (LibriVox)___

I am excited to start reading after spending some time selecting areas that are of most interest to me. I chose these readings all for different reasons: some stem from a prior interest, some from a desire to know more about something I have only heard about and not experienced for myself, and some from a desire to know more about a specific place or culture. I tried to select readings that could produce a diverse perspective to ensure I can see distinct similarities and differences between cultures and locations. 

However, it is nice to know that if one of these reading options doesn't seem to be working later on, I have ample options to chose from as a replacement. There were also readings that I found interesting but couldn't select, so these could act as good options for extra credit reading.

I selected this image because it is related the the reading I am most interested about at this point: ancient Egyptian myths. I have always been interested in ancient Egypt and already have some knowledge in this realm. Looking forward to expanding upon this knowledge in the fun readings that await me in week 5!

Comments

Popular Posts