Tech Tip: Blog Profile

I chose to do this tech tip after doing all the week 8 reflection assignments. I had made some changes to my blog but didn't really know how to mess with the profile settings. With this tip I updated my profile features and saw it on my blog, but ultimately decided to leave it off. While I know this blog is mainly just viewed by people in this class, I like the anonymity.

I think it is important to protect your identity as much as possible online. It is so easy for people to get and use your information. All of my social media profiles are private and I avoid using geotags as those can provide a map to all your frequent locations. Things you post online stay there, so it is important to be intentional about what you post. Employers have started looking at social media profiles and doing google searches, so that ass another incentive to be mindful of how you represent yourself. I think an online identity is important to have as it can connect you with so many people and resources. It is just as important though to be safe and smart with that online identity.


Comments

Popular Posts