Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Most of the feedback I have received so far has been nice comments. People enjoy my stories and state why, or they introduce themselves to me (introduction post). I have had few actual comments prompting changes or revision. The comments that have expressed concerns, confusion or suggested elaborations/changes have helped me the most. I have even gone back to some stories and made edits based on the comments I received. I enjoy getting honest feedback so I know what people are actually understanding in my stories.

The feedback I have given out has been a mix. On my extra commenting, I look to just get to know people more or reply to comments they may have left me. On feedback comments to stories or projects I try to utilize the TAG strategy. Highlight something I really enjoyed, but also provide insight into things I didn't understand or supply possible changes or elaborations. I attempt to give people the comments I know would help me. 

I think I am getting to know some people. I have found some favorites and tend to visit their blogs more. These people either had a lot in common with me or have a writing style I really enjoy. I think it is difficult to fully get to know someone online, but I think I have a general understanding of what they enjoy, what they hope to accomplish, and how this class is going for them. 

Moving forward I think I need to attempt to give constructive feedback in every post, not just the ones on projects. Sometimes there are stories that seem perfect and I am more inclined to write about everything I enjoyed. I think there is always room for improvement though, so it will be trying to find that aspect to help others get better. I also added an update to my introduction as I received a lot of support about my law school process. It has been nice to be in a class that is structured around supporting everyone in their endeavors. 

I chose this cute feedback kitty because I think this is important to remember in the feedback process. It is easy to get down on yourself when people point out the flaws in something you worked hard on. However, just because some things weren't as perfect as you thought does not mean that you're a bad writer or you failed at that first attempt. Writing is a continuous process (why it can be so frustrating sometimes, haha!). Revision can make a good story into a great one! It is okay to make mistakes, you're not a failure because of them.

(Image from Feedback Cats)

Comments

Popular Posts